Tuesday, September 30, 2008

As Easy As A Pizza Box

It’s been good to see Katie’s family this week, we’ve actually had some spare time to spend with them. Last week and the weekend were very productive so I was able to catch up and get ahead in all my homework. This week I hardly have anything to do outside of class aside from regular studying. A light workload has been sort of nice because it gives spare time to spend with the family. On the other hand I feel it lulling me into a false sense of security so that next week…...BAM…...school can hit me like a lead glove. I’m being extra careful to stay caught up on everything. Monday night we went around shopping (more like looking) and I had this feeling of panic the whole time like I was missing my school work. I got home on Monday night and checked all my books and syllabi, but I was right on track. Homework is a sly creature to me, one minute there’s none and next thing I know I have three projects due the next week. I won’t fall for it this time though.

We got our first care package from my mom. She sent us cereal, brownies, cookies and pictures of Lily. The food was good and is half gone, Lily is growing by the minute and prettier than ever. If you know Lily then you understand what I mean. Mom was very creative and traced the kids hands onto the package with a message from each of them.

Tuesday night Katie, Tess and I bought Little Caesars pizza and played Skip Bo. We had a lot of fun, even with the pizza box. Tess couldn’t figure out how to close it properly and we weren’t going to settle for a mediocre pizza box so we coached her through it. Two and a half minutes later she successfully closed it and is now a better person for having weathered that storm.

This weekend we may be going to the Beckley chili cook off with some friends. Vendors and personal chefs set up stands and dispense bite size portions of their best chili. We then walk around like great connoisseurs and give our opinion of each. We’ll let you know how it goes.

Prayer Request
Monday we heard that someone who works in the mall committed suicide over the weekend. It was a bit odd for us to think that someone whose drink we were filling up last week was in such despair that he took his life. Also on Monday one of our managers called out for her night shift because her cousin died. It wasn’t until today that we found out that our fellow manager’s cousin was the man who committed suicide. It was a bit sobering to realize how many people are around us daily that need Jesus. All we see are the smiles and laughs, but you never know what’s going on in a person’s heart. Please pray for the family involved, that they would turn to Christ for comfort in all this.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Glad you are all caught up and can have some fun. Tell Tess we want a full demonstration and lesson (on pizza box closing) when she gets back.

    If you make it to the chili festival, pick up some recipes of your best selections, if that is possible. I am still searching for a good chili recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Tess and I had that problem last week. I still cant shut them right. Glad ya'll had fun! I'll keep the family in my prayers. Very sad.

    Umm, Katie, they forgot your books. I went to church today to make copies for tonight and they were sitting in your Mom's seat. :( Sorry, you'll get them some how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom brought some of the books. She said with all of their luggage that they couldn't fit all of them. So she brought about 10-15 of them for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete