Monday, September 15, 2008

Strange Encounters

I would like to say that the brainstorm that has become known as "MattGoesToCollege" has been very successful. Katie and I enjoy posting on here very much. We look forward to having time to sit down and share our lives with everyone. I type out the post then Katie proof reads it, tells me where it doesn't make sense and helps me add humor. We typically have between 11 and 15 visitors per day. We track our visits to see who is interested in reading about us and occasionally we notice that some stranger has stumbled upon our blog. Just yesterday we had someone from the city of Ajax in Ontario, Canada find our blog when they googled "why pop sound when frog gets run over." We had a visitor from London, England who googled "frog finger puppet movie productions." Similarly, we had someone from Georgia google "finger puppets at Dollar Tree." A while back we had someone from the Netherlands find our site by searching for "bowl cut." It always interesting to have people from all parts of the globe come to our page.

Sunday Katie and I indulged in the simplicity of a date to Dairy Queen. We haven't been spending any money lately, but needed some time out to go on a date. We pushed school and work out of our minds and proceeded to the local calorie emporium. I made a change and went for a medium chocolate/peanut butter milkshake instead of the usual mocha moolatte. I must recommend both as superior choices for those with a mature palette. We both had eyes larger than our stomachs and only finished half of our milkshakes. I've not recalled this event to dazzle you with our ice cream choices, instead, we found something else at Dairy Queen interesting. For our entire visit we noticed a strange woman standing beside a table in the back of the restaurant. At first we thought she was waiting for someone to come out of the restroom or pondering something. But after about 15 minutes straight of no movement it became obvious that her stilted figure was either dead or absent of mind. I had my back turned to her the whole time but Katie was basically facing her. It must have been odd for Katie to have the bewildered woman almost staring at her the entire time she sipped her chocolate desert. I sure do wonder what was going through that lady's troubled mind "banana split or caramel mudslide?" Maybe she had already eaten and was in a chocolate coma. I imagine i look like i'm in a chocolate coma when i wake up for school some mornings.

We are waiting for word on Katie's car which we have left at a nearby garage for inspection. Her poor bonneville is being held hostage by some oily fellow who can't find time to fix it. There is some kind of sensor malfunction on the front left tire. We expect him to return it if we meet his demands, most likely an arm and a leg. I never realized how attached we were to our mechanic in Baltimore. There is some kind of deep-rooted psycological dependance on mechanics. It's a need-based relationship. You need them to fix your car and keep you mobile and they need someone pay the cable bill. Somehow this relationship seems lopsided.

The first full week of school has come and gone and now I embark on the second. Thanks for tuning in.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your great test scores.
    I'm glad to hear that you all went on a date.
    Dairy Queen is sooooo romantic, ha ha. And about that strange lady, you should have gone over and gave her a push to see what would happen. You know whats really crazy is how popular finger puppets seem to be these days.

    Well, have a great week! I'm praying for you daily. God is an awesome God! Ps. 37:5

    Mom-Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must admit, this blog makes ur guys' lives look pretty interesting! thats what keeps me coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Dale, I think you should have checked up on that woman. Maybe she was in a coma, or having some type of seizure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, always interesting and funny reading. Glad ya'll went on a date. I think the last date B.C. and I went on was with our church out to eat. That was fun! Enjoy your week, my prayers continue!!

    How is the weather there? It's gorgeous and perfect here! Windows open and sunny!

    ReplyDelete