Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dinner And A Movie

Tuesday evening we finally found rest. It had gone hiding somewhere and we hadn’t seen it for over a week. What I mean to say is the past week has been particularly busy. Especially the weekend. Katie and I worked on Friday from 1-7 then went to the married student movie night. It was very nice but unfortunately it pushed all of my homework into Saturday. On Saturday we had to work 8-4 then I spent most of the evening on school. Sunday was the same, we went to the church services and in between was filled with homework for Monday as well as two projects due at the beginning of the week. On Monday I had school, then work from 1-6, then 4 hours of homework that night. I don’t say all this so you will feel sorry for me, I say it because it gives context to Tuesday evening.
We hardly had any free time this past weekend and Monday night was completely booked so, on Tuesday since I had no work and Katie worked until 4:00 I exploited the opportunity to do all my school work and get ahead for the week. I accomplished all this and even had time to clean up the house before Katie got home. When she finally arrived I had a bag of Reese’s Pieces as a present for her and the good news that the rest of the night was ours to spend together. We went to Outback Steakhouse and feasted on a bloomin’ onion and soup. Afterward we wandered about Wal Mart, the premier shopping center in Beckley. We finished the night with an episode of Gilmore Girls.
We’ve had considerable trouble getting Katie’s car inspected here. The mechanic we took it to wasn’t even able to diagnose the problem it has. He recommended we take it to a dealer, we plan to but our appointment isn't until October 7th. We still need to get my car inspected and I’m in desperate need of an eye exam but the soonest anyone in the area can see me is October 3rd. Please pray for us in these things specifically if you have the time. Katie and I are thankful for God’s grace on my recent tests and papers, most have been very good grades and the rare few that aren’t serve to encourage better studying.


Matt, after a four hour study session

3 comments:

  1. Does that position allow more blood flow to the brain for quicker restoration of the neurons while sleeping?

    Boy, I don't miss those long study hours. I miss not learning new stuff all the time, but I so well remember living on 4 hours sleep per night (or something close to that) all week, and hoping, just hoping for a little extra sleep on the weekend. And, I was single and living at home. I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to get 8 hours of sleep every night. A few nights i have gotten maybe 7 but that's the lowest. When 10:00 rolls around i'm heading up to bed. My sleep is very important to me because if i don't have enough sleep then i'm no good at work, school or even at home. I get very cranky when i'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I used to get cranky when I was hungry. Now, I am getting used to being hungry and do my best not to let it bother me.

    Speaking of sleep, I better get to bed right soon. The morning comes too early around here....

    ReplyDelete