Tuesday, October 21, 2008

De-Skunking

Recently there has been multiple sightings of the skunk who terrorized our nostrils back in back in August (A Fairy Tale Beginning And A Happily Ever After). He hasn’t sprayed for over a month so I guess that means we are friends now. Katie and her friend Jennifer are talking about “de-skunking” it and making it a pet. They think it’s cute to have a skunk living right by our house. I don’t mind having it around as long as it doesn’t spray during dinner.

Monday we were very surprised to receive a package from our Chick-Fil-A back in Baltimore. It was a hefty box that sounded a little squishy, it also had the word “perishable” stamped all over it. At first I thought “Oh no, they sent us some chicken.” Then I remembered that the owner, Steve, used to speak so reverently about a certain kind of pies. The box seemed pie-sized and weighed appropriately. But, when we tore it open we discovered much more than a pie--they sent us a whole box full of snacks and goodies. Now we have enough candy to last us through Christmas.

Tuesday I took my last of four midterm exams. So far I have gotten two of the grades back. The first was Bible Doctrine Overview with a 100%. The second was from hermeneutics which, if you recall, is the class that Katie and I take together, we both received 109%. I am looking forward to the return of my other two grades. We’ve spent a lot of time sweating over these exams in the last two weeks so it’s good to have them over with and to have good results.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how k-i-n-d of you to let us look, even imagine the aroma, and not get a single taste! Anyway, looks like you two will be well fixed with desserts for a while. I won't send you any of the black raspberry pie or the pumpkin pie that I made this afternoon (not that I was going to...).

    Congratulations on the good grades, both of you! I think your brain juices must be flowing in the right direction!

    Best wishes on the skunk de-skunking. My sister had pet skunks, but no vet here would de-scent them because it is illegal to have pet skunks in VA due to the possibility of them having rabies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job both of you on your grades, that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete