Thursday, October 23, 2008

Scarfs And Earmuffs


Fall is upon us and cold is setting in. Mornings are best described with the word frost and evenings are characterized by a bright sun and chilly winds. Each week it seems that Katie and I add another layer of clothing to our outfit. It started as just a long sleeve shirt for me, then it became a long sleeve on top of an undershirt. The sweater was added on top of those two and now a jacket is added on top of that. Scarf and earmuff days are rapidly approaching as the “s” word (snow of course) is rumored around campus. I know it’s cold and the winter breeze demolishes my faces on the way to class every day but I can’t wait for snow. Judging by our visit to the campus last February and the testimony of seasoned residents we gather that the snowfalls here are usually beautiful. We don’t seem to get much of the wet slushy snow that collects dirt and lays on the side of the road for days. No no, here in Beckley the snow will either lay in increments large enough to go sledding on or it just blows away for future use. I realize this sounds very imaginative and that there will be many days that I dread trudging through the smushy white precipitation, but oh well, it never hurts to dream.

We received good news in my midterm grade report Thursday, I have a 4.0 GPA so far this semester. I say this not to brag because this is not typical for me by any means. This is the first time I’ve ever gotten straight A’s and I’m thankful God has provided all the means for that to be attained. Katie is rejoicing with me because she plays a large part in my schoolwork, encouraging me and sacrificing “us time” so that I can advance in my learning.

Don’t forget that Katie has a small handmade quilt listed on eBay. Go check it out soon, bidding ends on Sunday afternoon. Katie's quilt square.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your grades. WOW that is great!!!

    Oh and the snow....I HATE cold weather, especially snow. Luckily here, snow isn't a big threat and surely doesn't stick around long. But enjoy it, when it comes.

    Congratulations!!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete