Monday, October 6, 2008

Hot Hot Hot


Saturday evening was spent at the Beckley Chili festival which turned out to be a neat event. To start I must say I didn’t know that many people LIVED in Beckley.

The festival was held downtown where about 2 streets were sectioned off for the festivities. We paid $5 for 5 tickets and a voting token. Each ticket was worth a 5 ounce sample of chili and the token was to give to the stand which had your favorite. Right near the entrance the culinary arts institute was dishing out their samples. The table was very crowded, obviously no one is going to underestimate the culinary arts institute’s ability to make good chili. We spent over an hour navigating the tremendously crowded streets looking for the best chili. I’ll let the pictures speak for the rest of this event.

Katie digs into the first bite
The happy couple
Timmy gets a spider painted on his face. Good thing we got a picture right away because he wiped it off two minutes later.
No activity in West Virginia is complete without square dancing. Katie wanted to jump in until she remembered neither of us knows to square dance.
The fire department was serving "super hot chili" I'll say no more.


What an exciting week ahead: I have two exams on Wednesday that I’m psyched about, homecoming is Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and I have a few short school days this week because some teachers are away and others are involved in a masters module that is very time consuming. I’m using all the spare time to hulk up with exam knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Matt & Katie, I tagged you over on my blog. Check it out when you get a chance. (Did you get any chili recipes? I haven't even read this post yet, I'll have to read it soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your chilli excursion was fun and filling. You really must take square dancing lessons, ha ha. Just want you to know I am praying for your tests coming up.
    We watched Iron Man last night. It was pretty good. Have you seen it yet. Have a great day! Talk to you all again real soon.

    Mom Di

    ReplyDelete