Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Plaid Is Not A Color

Spirit week is going great. Katie and I were happy participants in Monday’s comb over/pigtail day. I gelled up my hair and slicked it all over to the side as far as I could. I’m in desperate need of a haircut so it actually turned out pretty good looking. It was almost like how my mom used to part my hair for those dorky school portraits.



Tuesday was layers day. I thought to myself on Monday night, “How fun could layers be? I don’t want to sweat during my classes with three shirts on.” Unfortunately I didn’t participate in layers day. I realized the folly of my thinking when, in my first class, I saw plenty of friends dressed in peculiar garb that weren’t sweating. Apparently layers day is synonymous with mismatch day.



Wednesday was wing color day. Each wing of the dormitories had to coordinate and pick a color that they would all dress in. Obviously I’m not in a dorm but I had thought of dressing to match the wing of one of my friends. I decided against it and thought to myself “How fun could it be to dress in the same color as a bunch of other people?” I didn’t even take my camera for this day because I thought so little of it, I was wrong again. One wing spiced of the theme of the day by choosing “chrome” as their color. As such they clothed themselves in tin foil and duct tape. O, how I yearned for a vest made of shiny aluminum foil! Another wing chose “plaid” as their color. Yes, I do realize the lack of intelligence involved in such a choice but they had fun regardless. They all looked like farmers up top but on the bottom they slid plaid shorts over top their school regulated pants.

Thursday is dress to represent your state day, I will not miss out on this one! I only need to figure out a way to accurately represent Maryland. I thought of having a blue crab shipped in but thought it might be a little dangerous to carry to class. In due time I will tell you what happened on Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, Matt your hair looks cute. you should were it that way more often. i'm serious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pardon Tess' spelling (previous comment), but she is homeschooled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAtt:
    I resemble that remark about your dorky hair. I thought you were cute then and I diffinitely think you are cute now. I want to see more pictures of spirit week.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think that you two don't look dorky no matter how hard you tried. Sorry.

    I'm even more sorry that you didn't take your camera to school and get some pictures of those foil clothes. Doesn't every blogger have a digital camera in their pocket?

    I'm waiting for the rest of the week in photos with a commentary!

    ReplyDelete