Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Like Chewing Up A Glass Plate

Today it came, the most prayed for, most anticipated, and most worried over event that I can recall in the past few years. I got a job. Many will find it ironic that I am again working at Chick-Fil-A after I professed that I wouldn’t go back. I do find some humor in it myself but at least my bank account will no longer be laughing. I say that for humor because the situation was certainly far from dire. In the 33 days I have been out of work God has found it fitting to provide for us in very interesting ways. I’ll not divulge the dry fiscal details but the reader must know that unexpected things have happened to us--good unexpected things that is. Why do I bother saying this? Because credit must be given where credit is due. It doesn’t do justice to worry ourselves to death about something, complain to God in prayer and doubt it will ever come if we are not going to match that same level of worry and complaint with thanks and praise when He comes through and proves us wrong yet again. I am thankful to be working for Chick-Fil-A again and I’m thankful for everyone who has prayed for me during this time. Continue to pray for Katie she is still uncertain what she will do.

With employment secured for myself it’s now easier to look ahead to the school year which begins next Wednesday. Katie will be attending my first class with me because the school accords one three credit hour class per semester to her for free. Eight ‘O Clock on September third we will kick off the school year with biblical hermeneutics. If the sound of that class causes your mind to crinkle have no fear. Hermeneutics is simple teaching us how to interpret the Bible with common sense. Most people like to forgo basic thought process when interpreting scripture in favor of finding some means that will transform the text into what they would like to hear. Sounds crazy right? I know, none of us ever does that. Hermeneutics accounts for three out of sixteen credit hours I am taking this semester. Several of the upperclassmen have informed me that it is one of the easiest classes I’ll be taking this first year. At this point I am enjoying the challenge. The task does seem daunting, like chewing up and swallowing a glass plate. I’m sure I can swallow it at first but hope I don’t get indigestion later.

Stick around as we set sail on this next part in our lives, I trust you will find the stories intriguing as I begin my college career. Come back often and don’t forget to sign up for our e-mails to the right.

3 comments:

  1. Matt,

    We are so VERY proud of you. Gob Bless You Both. You are much wiser than your years. God will ALWAYS provide!

    We will keep you both in our prayers. We Love you,

    The Schmuff Family in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your job! Hey, money from Chick Fil-A will spend just as well as money from some other place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CFA keeps a hold on you and you can;t get away i know i've been there 5 years

    ReplyDelete